Friday, August 03, 2007

missing


When I first read the assignment subject, I thought of doing something light, like a missing tooth. But then, as I began playing with different layouts, I started to veer toward the grim subject of a missing person. Kind of disturbing when you hear someone vanishes, so I played upon that theme with this piece. Different layers, hints and elements to make one wonder what exactly occurred. Now that I am spooked, I think I'll go watch an old episode of the Brady Bunch. :)

11 comments:

Glitz Ink said...

i love this! it's got a great retro feel to it!! i love all your underlayers...fun, fun, fun!

Vhrsti said...

I love collages and this is great one! Perfect work!

atomicvelvetsigh said...

amazing piece and concept! what a cool transition from a missing tooth idea..

Bella Darkweaver said...

Very interesting collage, and great concept - well done!

Shayla said...

I find it feels exotic, and optimistic. I can imagine this person went shopping in Paris and just lost track of time...Great collage.

get zapped said...

It's gorgeous and I love the style. It has a 60's feel to it. Great colors!

Rayne said...

That's what I thought of too, for mine, I mean.
I like the collage work on this. Everything fits together and plays against the other pieces well.

The Unknown said...

The woman in the illo looks a bit like Mrs. Brady. My God is she missing?!
Love the illo.
love

Tony Sarrecchia said...

Love the gestalt of this piece. Great job.

Anonymous said...

your collage work really powered the sobering idea behind the art - you must keep yourself awake nights!

biteyourowntail said...

Like the colours and layout, but for me this comes across as fun and lighthearted, not grim and disturbing.